The Ocean Awareness Contest is a platform for young people to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication, and become advocates for positive change.
The 2022 Ocean Awareness Contest theme THE FUNNY THING ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE challenges students to learn about climate change and its impact on the ocean, and to explore new ways, like humor, satire, or kitsch, to communicate the urgency of the climate crisis.
- Submissions accepted in: Visual Art, Creative Writing, Film, Interactive & Multimedia, Performing Arts: Music & Dance, and Poetry & Spoken Word
- Open to middle and high school students ages 11-18 worldwide
- Students can work as individuals or as a group/class/club
- Hundreds of cash awards available, ranging from $50 to $1,500
- Free to enter
- Submission deadline: Jun 13, 2022