A Remote Professional Development Institute for Grades 6-12 Educators
Virtual Sessions July 7, 9, 12, 14, 16 (8:30 AM – 1:30 PM EST)
Course includes 5 virtual sessions plus 15 hours of online learning.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the science, technology, and engineering involved in agriculture and other aspects of food production. Understand the food production systems at local, national, and global levels and evaluate the interdependent relationships these systems create between human health, ecosystems, and the global environment. Explore common and innovative practices for sustainable food production and follow the path of food from farm to table to waste stream.
- Track where your food comes from and what it takes to get it to your plate.
- Create a prototype of a futuristic farming option.
- Design sustainable solutions to agricultural water use.
- Investigate the economics of small food-focused businesses.
- Explore the environmental impacts of farm and food waste.
- Engage in conversations about food justice and equitable access to healthy food.