A Remote Professional Development Institute for Grades 3-8 Educators
Explore the dynamics of weather systems and seasonal cycles, including how the earth’s rotation influences these cycles, how nature responds and how weather impacts humans and the environment. Examine weather data over time and explore how we can use graphs and other models of this data to reveal how our climate is changing. Learn from scientists about the causes and effects of the increased unusual weather events in New England.
- Gain hands-on experience with weather watching instruments and explore how professional weather observers use them.
- Gather weather data and learn how scientists use weather to understand climate.
- Interpret long-term data sets to reveal patterns in seasonal weather.
- Participate in citizen science opportunities.
- Create models to explore seasonal phenomena.
- Engage in inquiry-based, hands-on investigations of weather-related phenomena.